Submitting the Sitemaps of your blog to Google Webmaster helps the search engine(Google) to crawl your webpages easily and more quickly! This post explains the procedure to add your blogger blog’s sitemap to the Google Webmaster Tools.
- Sign-in to Google Webmaster Dashboard using your Google Account.
- Type your blog URL and click Add Site:
- Once your site is added to Google Webmaster, you need to verify the site by adding a Meta Tag to your blog:
- Copy the Meta Tag code given by Google Webmaster as shown in the screenshot below:
- Now go to Blogger Dashboard – Layout – Edit HTML – then search(Ctrl+F) for the code given below in the header section:
<b:include data=”blog” name=”all-head-content”/>
Then Paste the Meta Tag just after the above code and Save the Template.
- Now click Verify in the Google Webmaster Tools. Your site will be verified if you followed the above steps clearly:
- Next step is to add sitemaps of your blog. Select Sitemap from the left sidebar:
- You can add the following sitemaps of your blogger blog to the Google Webmaster:
- Finished! Your Blog’s sitemap will be added to Google now!