There are number of Broadband Internet Service Providers(ISP) in our country with various plans or tariffs suiting our requirements. No matter whether our internet bandwidth usage(Download + Upload) are limited or unlimited, we all are curious to know how much we have downloaded or uploaded in a day, week or month. There are plenty of softwares to monitor internet usage but you might have observed that most of them are sharewares. I would like to share a free software for this purpose called NetWorx. Some of you might be already using this freeware.
NetWorx is a free and powerful utility that provides an accurate account of the data which is flowing through your computer’s network connection, features usage reports, notifications, and various network tools. It helps you to objectively evaluate your bandwidth situation, collect bandwidth usage data and measure the speed of your internet or any other network connection. It can also helps you to identify possible sources of network problems, ensure that you do not exceed the bandwidth limits specified by your home broadband ISP, or track down suspicious network activity characteristic of Trojan horses and hacker attacks.
Key Features of NetWorx
- Clear graphic and/or numeric display.
- Usage reports with export to a variety of file formats, including Excel, MS Word and HTML.
- Permits close supervision of uploads and downloads.
- Works with dial-up, ISDN, cable modems, ADSL, Ethernet cards, and more.
- Includes network information & testing tools with advanced netstat that displays applications using your Internet connection.
- Scalable to your own modem download capabilities.
- Option to notify user or disconnect from the Internet automatically when network activity exceeds a certain level.
- Speed meter to accurately time downloads and report the average transfer rates.
- Dial-up session journal with detailed information about every session.
- Absolutely free and does not contain any adware/spyware/malware.
So, with NetWorx you can:
- Find out and monitor how fast your Internet connection is.
- Find out and monitor how much Internet traffic you consume.
- Verify whether your ISP charges your Internet usage fairly.
- Detect a suspicious network activity on your computer.
- Perform simple network tests such as ping and trace route.
- Be notified about excessive Internet usage.
Windows 2000, XP, 2003, Vista, Seven, 2008 (32-bit and 64-bit). Portable version of NetWorx is also available. I have tried many other softwares for my Windows-7 but none of them worked perfectly except this one. I think this is the best one!