It’s a good news for the gmail users that finally they can access multiple gmail acocunts at a same time in the same browser. This was a much awaited feature for those who doesn’t want to forward emails from multiple account to one main account.
To enable this feature, you have to visit Google Acconts page and click the link next to ‘Multiple sign-in‘. Once you sign into an account, you can sign in to two more accounts from the new accounts menu and easily toggle back and forth between them. You can also open multiple gmail tabs for each of your accounts.
From their blog:
- Not all Google services support multiple account sign-in yet. For the services that don’t support it (like Blogger and Picasa Web Albums), you’ll be defaulted to the first account you signed in with during that browser session. So if you click a link from Gmail to Blogger, for example, you’ll be logged into Blogger with the first account you signed in with, even if you clicked the link to Blogger from your second Gmail account.
- We’re still working on making Gmail and Calendar work offline with multiple sign-in. If you rely on offline access, you probably don’t want to enable this feature quite yet.
- Multiple account sign-in only works on desktop browsers for now, so if you use Gmail on your phone’s browser you won’t see this option yet.
[via Gmail Blog]
- Google Manage Accounts Page
- Getting started: Products with multiple sign-in
- Getting started: Enabling multiple sign-in
I think this is not a great feature since most of us prefer to forward mails from multiple accounts to a main one. Anyways let’s wait for more great features from gmail.