When you’re looking to find success on the Internet, there are a few things that you will absolutely have to include in your strategy. There are a lot of things that go into finding success online, but some of the most important ones can’t be ignored, no matter what. Of course, no matter what kind of website you’re running, you’re going to want to make sure that it ranks high in the search results when the proper keywords are entered. You’ll use a process called search engine optimization (or “SEO” for short) to make this happen, and your website is going to have a very hard time getting noticed and finding traffic if you don’t have an SEO campaign in place. Websites are also going to need content, so that people have a reason to visit them in the first place. When you’re in charge of a blog, content is your entire game. What’s more is that for a blog, you’ve got to be posting content on a pretty regular basis. It can be tough to find the inspiration required to write so regularly, but if you want your blog to be successful, you’re going to have to make sure you stay inspired.
1. Use Google Reader or Another RSS Reader. Bloggers are all about the online conversation. When you’re running a blog, you have to always make sure that you’ve got something to say, and it’s always got to be relevant. Use a service like Google Reader, or Feedly if you’ve got a tablet computer. A service like this will let you subscribe to various websites’ RSS feeds. This basically brings the Internet to you, instead of the other way around. All the content from your favorite websites will be piped into one single application and you can browse stories and blogs at your leisure. It’s tough not to stay inspired when the entire Internet gets funneled into one easy location.
2. Set a Schedule. When you’re trying to write on a regular basis, you’ll do yourself a huge favor if you can get yourself into a sort of “writing routine” every day. It might sound a little surprising, but if you start writing at the same time every day, your brain will have a much easier time slipping into “writing mode” and allowing you to crank out that quality content that your readers love so much.
3. Get Outside!! Seriously, get outside. You don’t have to do much more than this to get inspiration; just head outside, sit still, and enjoy nature for a few minutes. If you don’t live in a very natural place, just take a walk. Either way, try getting yourself some fresh air and sunlight. Simply taking a few minutes to be quiet and workspace can seriously do wonders for your inspiration, in ways that you might even find surprising.
4. Explore Your City. You can take the whole “going outside” one step further, and do some serious exploration. It’s more than likely that you haven’t peeked into every alleyway and corner that your city has to offer. Get out and explore. Leave the city if you have to! The point is, put yourself in a brand new place where you’ve never seen anything that’s around you. Doing this without actually traveling too far from the place where you live can be a wonderfully exhilarating experience, and can lead to some first-rate blogging inspiration.
5. Read, Read, Read. You should always be reading if you have any desire to make any kind of career out of writing. Your writing skill is very much a muscle. The more you work it out, the easier it’s going to be for you to use, and the more powerful it’s going to be when you use it. Whether you want to start a Norweigeian Internettbutikker blogg or are looking to write about DIY crafting, you should make sure that you’re reading all the time. It doesn’t matter what you read, just make sure you augment your Internet travels with something that was actually published on paper.